Our Locations: Charleston WV 1-304-871-7663 | Orlando FL 1-304-871-7663
More homeowners are looking to transform their bathrooms into luxurious, relaxing retreats that feature the looks and amenities of an upscale spa. One way to upgrade the appearance of a bath -- and to lessen the burden of maintaining it -- is to install a frameless shower enclosure with CLARVISTA(R) glass by PPG, a shower glass that features fused-on coating to keep its showroom looks longer than more traditional clear shower glass.
The biggest advantage associated with frameless shower enclosures is that they can add to the overall value of your home if they're done right. Here are some additional reasons to consider a frameless shower for your new or remodeled bath.
* They're fashionable. Frameless shower enclosures open a world of possibilities because they perfectly complement durable, high-style surfaces used in the bath such as tile, marble and granite. They also provide a great way to show off distinctive shower heads, faucets and fixtures. Finally, because of their openness and transparency, frameless shower enclosures can make your bath feel bigger than it really is.
* They're versatile. Frameless doors can be designed to fit any space, making them ideal for bathrooms large and small. And they don't have to be boxy -- frameless shower enclosures can be circular, oval or triangular. Even standard square or rectangular enclosures can be dressed up with an artfully bowed, patterned or etched glass door.
* They're durable. Frameless shower enclosures look elegant, but one of their most redeeming qualities is toughness. Standard shower glasses can range in thickness from 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch, which makes them sturdy, structurally sound and safe. Watertight seals prevent leakage, and because there is little to no metal used in frameless enclosures, homeowners never have to worry about replacing corroded parts.
* They're easy to live with. Let's face it: we all want to live in our homes for as long as we can. Frameless shower enclosures are a great way to let your home age with you because the entry can be leveled with the floor to create easy access as you become older and less mobile. And frameless glass shower enclosures don't become passe -- they offer a great way to meld timeless style with ageless accommodation.
* They're easy to clean. With frameless shower enclosures, there are fewer nooks and crannies where dirt and grime can accumulate, making them easier to clean than other shower styles. For an added level of clarity and sparkle, homeowners should request Clarvista glass by PPG. The coating for Clarvista glass is fused to the glass, which makes the surface almost impervious to corrosion from water deposits, humidity, soap scum and household cleaners. Simply wipe the wet glass every few days with a dry towel or squeegee, and your shower enclosure can look as new as the first day you had it installed.